The smile is the first thing other people notice about a person, and it also can make a lasting impression. However, to others, smiling does not come easily; and it is usually because of certain teeth imperfections that have been bothering them for years. Instead of showing off their pearly-whites, they would somewhat restrict themselves to avoid being embarrassed. Although there is a particular dental treatment that has been available for years, not everyone finds this solution the most ideal.
We at Thousand Oaks Dentistry have good news. Our practice happens to offer one of the most sought after solution to teeth imperfections that people, young and old, can take advantage of – Invisalign! Instead of using metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth, this option utilized thermoplastic materials and fashioned them into removable clear aligner trays. Aside from providing this procedure to patients in need, our practice is also committed to making sure that they will get the most out of their experience. With that in mind, here is a guideline we prepared!
- Invisalign wearers should keep in mind that the success of the treatment depends on their commitment to following the instructions provided by the dentist. So, it is best to take note of every schedule or tips provided.
- Wear the trays for at least 20 to 22 hours every day. Unnecessary removal of the aligner tray can cause the treatment to delay.
- Unlike metal braces, professional adjustments are no longer necessary with clear aligners. As a substitute, trays are to be replaced in a week or two depending on the provided schedule by the dentist.
- Never wear the aligners when eating or drinking liquids other than water. The material used is not designed to withstand chewing pressure, and it is also vulnerable to stains.
- Patients would need to clean their teeth more often. After every meal, Invisalign wearers should clean their mouth before wearing the aligner trays back on. It is to avoid the threats that can compromise the treatment results and state of oral health.
- Make sure to visit the dentist as advised for them to keep track of the teeth movement and to provide additional trays if necessary.
Ready to get started with your orthodontic journey with Invisalign in Sun Prairie, WI? We at Thousand Oaks Dentistry got you covered! To start off, book an appointment for an initial consultation and know if you are a good candidate.