Fearing something is never healthy for everyone. It may be a simple fear or a more complex type, it can affect each person’s overall well-being, and that goes especially to dentistry.
Some people fear the thought of sitting in a dental chair when they imagine the different types of dental devices, or by merely seeing a dentist. These people would prefer to tolerate pain than undergo painful dental treatments, which is unhealthy.
We at Thousand Oaks Dentistry are proud to offer a solution for patients to receive the dental treatments they need without any worries for pain or discomfort. It is made possible with the help of Sedation Dentistry!
SEDATION DENTISTRY DEFINED
Sedation Dentistry is a procedure performed by dentists where they use certain medications to induce a feeling of easiness and comfort. It is ideal for each patient especially those who are anxious about receiving dental treatments.
The fear felt by patient’s are usually due to several factors, including:
- Bad past experience. It may have occurred in the past, but people tend to remember any experience that has made an impact on them.
- Needles. Patients usually associate dental treatments with injections. It sparks uneasiness, discomfort, or fear especially to people who have a needle phobia.
- Uncertainties. It leads the patient to a feeling of discomfort since they do not know what would happen next. They would even feel that they have no control over the situation making it more unbearable for them.
- Embarrassment. Some people feel that their mouth is a private part of the body that should not be casually touched by anyone even by a dentist. There are also others that feel embarrassed since they have not seen a dentist for a long time.
- Pain. One of the most common factors that cause the patient to avoid the dentist. They think that all dental treatments are painful, which is not true.
Most procedures performed by the dentist are not painful. The dentists guarantee to provide services to the patients without causing any worries and embarrassment. Thanks to Sedation dentistry it is now possible for anyone to receive treatments without fear or discomfort.
NITROUS OXIDE SEDATION
Nitrous Oxide or Laughing gas is a type of sedation that uses gas to make patients comfortable during dental treatments. The gas used is safe, colorless, non-flammable, has a sweet smell and taste. It is administered through the use of a mask placed over the patient’s nose mixed with oxygen for inhalation. The dentist can adjust the level of sedation if needed during the procedure to ensure the complete comfort of the patient.
THE BENEFITS OF NITROUS OXIDE SEDATION FOR PATIENTS
- It helps people feel relaxed throughout the whole procedure without triggering any anxiousness and discomfort.
- Nitrous oxide can be administered without the use of injections making it ideal for the patient’s who fear needles.
- The gas is continuously administered to ensure the patient’s full comfort.
- It allows the dentist to work faster and finish the work effectively.
- Nitrous oxide is safe for anyone at any age.
- With the use of Sedation Dentistry, it can help minimize and even eliminate the patient’s negative feelings about dentistry. It enables them to receive the necessary treatments without worries for better overall dental health.
Looking for a safe and pain-free procedure? Book an appointment with us! Thousand Oaks Dentistry has caring and dedicated staff to help you feel pleasant during your dental treatments with Sedation Dentistry in Sun Prairie, WI.