One must be responsible for maintaining good oral condition to prevent oral damage and complications. Regular brushing, flossing and mouth rinsing can undoubtedly contribute to healthier teeth. However, there are specific areas of the mouth which plaques and bacteria can hide that can cause decay and damage. Here at Thousand Oaks Dentistry, we make sure to provide our patient with the healthiest mouth possible by letting them undergo Professional Cleanings and Checkups
In maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile, one must undergo professional dental cleaning; it refers to the series of processes that aim to sustain clean mouth and prevent plaque build-up that can cause decay and damage.
A dental check-up is necessary to keep an eye on one’s oral health; it involves series of physical examinations, tests, x-ray, and diagnoses to determine early signs of dental issues (if there is any) to be addressed immediately.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL CLEANING AND CHECKUP
- Prevents Gum Disease
- Save your Teeth
- Maintain Pearly white smile
- Prevent Bad Breath
- Remove Plaque build-up
- Establish a strong oral condition
- Importance of Dental Cleaning and Checkup
- Life-threatening disease such as stroke, and heart disease are sometimes associated with oral disease, routine checkup, and cleaning; such diseases will be prevented.
- Early signs of oral disease will be determined and treated immediately.
- Oral issues that can’t be seen by the naked eye can be detected.
- Prevents oral disease from progressing into a severe condition that might require complex treatment.
- Allows the patient to have a healthy oral condition.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A DENTAL CLEANINGS AND CHECKUPS
During a Routine Dental Checkups, the patient undergoes the following procedure:
Professional Cleaning: The process involves the removal of plaque buildup which can cause decay.
Dental Examination: It refers to a physical examination conducted by the dentist to check for any potential oral disease that can put oral health at risk. It includes checking of the gums and other oral structures to ensure that the patient attains optimal dental health.
Digital X-ray: Digital X-ray is used to check oral issues that can’t be seen by the naked eye. It provides radiographic images of the mouth for a better diagnosis.
Oral Cancer Screening: Oral cancer is one of the many oral diseases that may put the patient’s health at risk. With routine checkups, the condition is prevented.
Results and Recommendation: After the examination, the dentist will provide the results of the dental investigation and recommend treatment ( if there is a dental issue).
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Cleanings and Checkups in Sun Prairie, WI. Book your appointment with us at Thousand Oaks Dentistry and let us help you achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!